According to Goswami TulsiDas bhakti is the base behind of any spiritual practice. Bhakti in any form is the clear illustration of Love; and according to Goswami TulsiDas Bhakti is far noble and only medium to show love and re-unite with God; in other ways it is a path to attain salvation or liberate self from the cycle of life and death. Profound with love Lord Ram explained the navdha bhakti to Sabri. And the greatness of bhakti can also be experienced at Kewat and Ram conversation.
There are 9 types of Bhakti -
1. Pratham bhakti santan kar sanga (प्रथम भगति संतन्ह कर संगा) :
The first step of this type of devotion is just to keep the company of the God lovers that is Saints. Saints are the sources of love and knowledge. They are the human who are the messengers of God and alike God
2. Dusri Rat mam katha prasanga (दुसरि रति मम कथा प्रसंगा) :
The second step is that one should always dedicate and love to listen the legends almighty, the Saints are best to describe the glory of God either in forms of story or legends.
3. Guru pad pankaj sewa teesri bhakti amaan (गुरु पद पंकज सेवा तीसरि भगति अमान) :
The third and most important bhakti is selfless service to the Guru’s lotus feet without any desire or pride. The objective of this Bhakti is to cultivate love for the Guru(who is the representative of the God on earth)
4. Chauthi bhakat prabhu gun gaan karaie kapat taji gyan (चौथि भगति मम गुन गन करइ कपट तजि गान) :
The fourth step is to earnestly sing praises and to keep the God’s virtues in the heart without any guile, deceipt or hypocrisy.
5. Mantra jaap prabhu drih biswaash pancham bhajan swaved prakaasha (मंत्र जाप मम दृढ़ बिस्वासा। पंचम भजन सो बेद प्रकासा) :
The fifth bhakti is to keep the constant remembrance and chanting of the God’s name provided and guided by true Saints
6. Chat dum seel birati bahu karma, nirat nirantar sajjan dharma (छठ दम सील बिरति बहु करमा। निरत निरंतर सज्जन धरमा) :
The sixth, is to practice self-control, good character, detachment from manifold activities and always follow the duties as good religious person.
7. Saatwa sam mohi maya jag dekha, mohe-te sant adhik kar lekha (सातवँ सम मोहि मय जग देखा। मोतें संत अधिक करि लेखा) :
The seventh bhakti is to to give highest respect to the Saints even higher than the God. Saints are not only the Gods representative but also they are the person who shows the path and lights.
8. Aathwa jatha laabh santosha, sapnehu nahi dekhai pardosha (आठवँ जथालाभ संतोषा। सपनेहुं नहिं देखइ परदोषा) :
The eighth type of bhakti is the state of the devotee in which he doesn’t works just for the benefit of himself that means he lives greed and works for everyone and doesnot looks at the faults of other even in his dream. This is the highest and noble bhakti which makes devotee a real human.
9. Navam saral sab san chalheena, mam bharose hiya harsha na deena (नवम सरल सब सन छलहीना। मम भरोस हिय हरष न दीना) :
In this last bhakti one should always keep complete faith in the God, and should not have any hypocrisy or deceit in the heart. The devotee has strong faith in the Lord with neither exaltation or depression in any life circumstance.